Sunday, November 7, 2010

If it's wrong to Idolize The Pioneer Woman...

...I don't want to be right.

Late this summer, my friend told me about this blog site called Pioneer Woman. She told me I should check out her photography specifically, which is amazing. (Be sure to check out her Photoshop Actions under the Photography tab if you're into that sort of thing)

PW is also a very talented cook. That's probably why she was able to publish her own cookbook. The reason I sometimes I wish I were her is because she lives on a ranch in the wild plains of Oklahoma. How she ended up there with her Marlboro Man cowboy is a fantastic love story that she's told on part of her site, "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels." (psst! I heard there's going to be a movie!) I highly recommend making some time to read through it.

In addition to Photography and Cooking, PW also has sections on Homeschooling and Home and Garden. She often gives away prizes like brand new cameras, expensive mixers--even trips to come visit her and learn how to cook with your friends!! OK. She doesn't need me to be complementing her and telling you about how much I love her, because she's got like thousands and thousands of followers, including a lot of my friends and family. The reason I'm blogging about this is just to tell you that she helps me be inspired and motivated to blog. This is only my third week, but she's been doing it for years all while raising four children, managing their education, their ranch, their home...PW (aka Ree) writes in a way that lets you relate to her; she is a normal, imperfect woman just like the rest of us. I thoroughly enjoy reading about what challenges she tackles each week, what's baking in her oven...and how many photos she's taken of MM's Wranglers/chaps. :)  I doubt my blog will have that kind of entertainment and variety, but you never know where things may end up...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/

1 comment:

I welcome your comments and advice!